Comcore PFS-500 Universal PM Fiber Fusion Splicer (US Patent #10168480)
The Comcore PFS-500 or PFS-500S Universal Polarization Maintaining (PM) Fiber Fusion Splicer is an innovative splicer crushes the traditional PM fiber fusion splicers’ technical barrier. It divides the fiber polarization axis angular orientation positioning and the fiber fusion splicing functions into two independent units, which greatly simplifies the PM splicer’s structure and makes it easy to operate and maintain. The PFS-500 (s) fusion splicer uses a more intuitive end-face imaging technology than the traditional side vision imaging method. The fiber end-face images are directly displayed with high-resolution and high optical magnification on a gridded monitor. Therefore, the end users can carry out the most critical angular positioning of the fiber polarization axis promptly with minimum efforts. The most significant advantage of PFS-500 is its capability of splicing various PM fiber combinations with identical or different stress structures, such as panda, elliptical core, “-”- type, and many others swiftly and precisely.
In summary, PFS-500 overcomes the space restriction, the necessity of complicate and unreliable programs of traditional PM fiber splicers. It features easy operation, superior performance, high repeatability, high reliability, and low ownership cost. It is a great tool for researchers and manufacturing engineers working with PM fiber applications.
Please review the demo video.
Model #: PFS-500 or PFS-500S
Please refer to Data sheet for detailed specifications
- Separate polarization orientation axis alignment unit and fiber fusion unit
- High visibility of PM fiber end face structure
- User friendly polarization axis alignment
- Superior polarization extinction ratio
- Low splicing loss;
- Unique newly designed keyboard;
- Small form factor, lightweight - only 2.8kg with battery;
- 7 seconds fiber fusion, 25 seconds pyrocondensation;
- Precise fusion loss measurement;
- Simultaneous display of X/Y axis; zoom in up to 304 times of original dimension;
- Automatically starts splicing or pyrocondensation once the cover is closed;
- Real time arc calibration;
- Long life electrodes (up to 4000 discharge times)
- USB and VGA ports;
- 5.7 inch digital high resolution LCD;
- Built-in high capacity battery, which enables up to 220 times of splicing and heating;
- Real-time display of remaining battery capacity
- CE Compliant